These Double Chocolate Pistachio Cookies are no joke!
They’re thick, chewy, soft and full of chocolatey goodness and wonderful bites of pistachios! They’re also completely vegan and gluten-free! Whoop whoop!
Double Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
You'd never know these cookies are vegan and gluten-free by tasting them! They're soft, thick, chewy and filled with ooey-gooey chocolate and pistachios.
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 1 cup coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp almond extract
• 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
• 1 cup almond flour
• 5 tbsp cacao powder, unsweetened
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 crushed pistachios
• 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Thoroughly mix the coconut oil and coconut sugar together, then add the almond milk and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl mix both flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then fold in the pistachios and chocolate chips.
4. Let mixture chill covered in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Chilling the dough will make the cookies extra soft and chewy!!
5. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and like a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
6. Roll cookie dough into balls (2 tbsp worth) and place on prepared pan(s). There should be enough to make 18 cookies.
7. Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes. Mine are perfect at 9 minutes! They may look like they need more time in the oven, but under-baking the cookies will make them soft and chewy.
8. Let cookies cool before serving. Enjoy!
9. Store leftovers (if there are any 😏) in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week! They actually get even better after sitting for a couple nights!