If you can’t tell already, I love making cheesecake! This vegan Raspberry Cheesecake is not only beautiful, it’s scrumptious and a breeze to make too!
It starts with a thick gluten-free pecan crust, then a creamy layer of cashew-based lemon cheesecake and it’s topped off with a sweet, tart raspberry sauce.
Every bite is pure bliss!
Raspberry Cheesecake (V/GF)
This creamy, light cheesecake has a mild citrusy flavor and is topped with a bright, fresh raspberry sauce. It sits atop of a thick, buttery pecan crust and is completely vegan and gluten free!
• 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
• 1 cup raw pecans
• 3 tbsp coconut sugar
• 5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 3 1/2 cups raw cashews, measured after soaking for at least 6 hours
• 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
• 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1/3 cup lemon juice
Raspberry Topping Ingredients:
• 2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/8 cup lemon juice
• 2 tbsp water
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 2 tbsp corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp water
1. Place the raw cashews in a bowl and cover them with a couple inches of water. Allow them to soak overnight (at least 8 hours). Drain and rinse.
2. Prepare the crust by adding the ingredients for the crust to a food processor and process until a loose dough is formed. You may need to stop the food processor a couple of times and scrape the sides with a rubber spatula.
3. Transfer the crust mixture to a 10-inch springform pan and press it into the bottom, forming an even layer. Refrigerate the crust while you’re preparing the filling.
4. Prepare the cheesecake filling by adding all of the ingredients for the filling to a food processor or blender and blend until completely smooth. This will require several rounds of blending. I blended mine for probably a total of 5 minutes to get that velvety smooth texture.
5. Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan and smooth evenly over the crust. Freeze for 1 hour, then place in the refrigerator and refrigerate until completely firm, about another hour.
6. In the meantime, make the raspberry topping.
7. In a medium sauce pan, add raspberries, maple syrup, lemon juice and water. Bring to a boil.
8. Once it boils, add vanilla and corn starch mixture. Reduce heat and let cook until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and set aside to cool and thicken more.
10. Remove the outside mold from the springform pan and top cheesecake with raspberry topping, cut into slices and enjoy!