Whether its game day or just another week night, these Ginger Sesame Wings are a must try! I highly enjoyed eating these babies during the Superbowl yesterday. They were devoured well before halftime!
They’re tender on the inside, crispy on the outside and perfectly matched with my cool and creamy Homemade Ranch Made from cauliflower that’s covered in my seasoned gluten-free breading, smothered in my ginger sesame sauce and baked to perfection, these wings are insanely healthy!! I can confidently say that this is the only wing recipe you’ll ever need!!
Ginger Sesame Cauliflower Wings with Homemade ranch(V/GF)
Even meat eaters love these tender cauliflower wings! The ginger sesame flavor is perfect on these babies and truly comes alive when dipped in my vegan ranch.
- 1 large head of cauliflower stem and core removed and broken into florets
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
Ginger Sesame Sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 1-inch pieces of fresh ginger finely grated
- Sesame seeds for garnishing *optional
- 1 cup vegan mayo (I use Follow Your Heart's brand)
- 1/2 cup vegan buttermilk *see notes
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp white onion minced
- 2 tbsp green onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika *optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with greased foil. Set aside.
Remove florets from the cauliflower. If needed, chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces to resemble the size of wings.
In a bowl, whisk all the batter ingredients together except the bread crumbs. Place the bread crumbs in a separate bowl and line it up beside the batter bowl.
Toss the cauliflower in the mixture one at a time, shaking off excess batter. Do not soak. Then, dip the cauliflower into the breadcrumbs to coat completely, then place onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the wings are coated.
Bake for 22 minutes.
While baking, prepare the sauce by whisking ingredients together.
Now prepare the ranch. In a bowl, mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
Remove wings from oven. You can stop here, and serve the wings sauceless with sauce on the side (it’s a thin sauce). Alternatively, coat the wings in the ginger sesame sauce. With a basting brush, brush the sauce onto the wings. Bake for another 5 minutes for the sauce to soak into the wings.
Remove from oven and serve immediately with ranch on the side. Enjoy!!!!
For vegan buttermilk, pour 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar in a cup and fill to the top with almond milk. Whisk together and let sit until milk curdles, about 5-10 minutes.