The subtle green tea flavor from the matcha is a perfect addition to the already exotic flavors in this GREEN MATCHA CURRY! 🍛 This dish is creamy, aromatic, warm and comforting. The earthy, rich matcha flavor harmonizes beautifully with the toothsome, spicy green curry paste and the coconut milk adds some sweetness and creaminess, making it the perfect comfort food!
Green Matcha Curry
The earthy, rich matcha flavor harmonizes beautifully with the toothsome, spicy green curry paste and the coconut milk adds some sweetness and creaminess, making it the perfect comfort food!
• 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
• 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
• 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
• 1/2 cup broccoli, stems removed
• 1/2 cup carrot slices
• 1 14-oz can coconut milk (full fat)
• 2 tbsp green curry paste
1 tbsp matcha powder
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
• handful of fresh cilantro or basil for garnishing (optional)
• limes wedges for serving (optional)
*measurements/variety of the veggies can vary depending preference! Sometimes I add more or less depending how filling I want the dish. Also, veggies can be fresh or frozen!*
1. Add the oil to a large skillet with deep sides over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
2. Add the vegetables and cook until fork-tender, about 3 to 5 more minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. Add the curry paste, matcha powder and coconut milk. Stir to combined.
4. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Maintain a gentle simmer & cook until the vegetables have softened to your liking, about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve warm with a side of rice and garnish with fresh herbs and lime juice. Enjoy!!