This Baby Corn and Okra Tomkha makes my mouth water every time I think of it! It has a great depth of flavor and a creamy, hearty texture.
The heat is perfectly balanced with the creamy coconut milk based broth and the hearty vegetables make it the most satisfying meal. The flavors are incredible and absolutely addicting!
I could eat bowl after bowl!
Baby Corn and Okra Thomka (V/GF)
The heat is perfectly balanced with the creamy coconut milk based broth and the hearty vegetables make it the most satisfying meal!
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk (preferably light, but full fat works well too)
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh young okra cut into small, thin pieces or frozen okra pieces
- 1 1/2 cups kale (thinly sliced and stems removed)
- 1 cup baby corn (canned or frozen)4
- 4 tsp fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 (3-inch) stalk lemongrass halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp hot chili pepper oil
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
Heat a large pot oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add okra, kale, baby corn, ginger, garlic and lemon grass.
Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add curry paste and pepper oil and cook for 1 minute. Add vegetable broth, coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
Discard lemongrass. Top with green onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
ENJOY! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.