These Vegan Pistachio Burgers will make you rethink veggie burgers completely!
They’re filled with Pistachios, Rosemary, Basil, Chorizo Spices and sweet flavors from the Maple Syrup, Cinnamon and Cloves. The smokey sweet flavors come together insanely well and create a beautiful, mouthwatering veggie burger.
It’s crusted with crushed pistachios which gives this already hearty burger the perfect crunchy bite. I paired my pistachio burger with a thick spread of avocado and sautéed mushrooms and onions – best decision ever! So smokey, sweet and flavorsome.
This is definitely a recipe worth trying! Takes very little time to make and it’s satisfying like nothing else!
Vegan Pistachio Burgers
These smokey sweet flavors come together insanely well and create beautiful, mouthwatering veggie burgers. It's crusted with pistachios which gives this already hearty burger the perfect crunchy bite.
• 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup pistachios (plus about 1/4 cup extra for crusting the burgers)
• 1 cup fresh basil, moderately packed
• 1/2 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
• 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/4 tsp oregano
• 1/4 tsp ground coriander
• 1/4 tsp thyme
• 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
• 1/4 tsp ground cloves
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and process until fully combined. You can either process it all the way smooth or leave in with some texture.
2. Allow mixture to chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. I like to chill it for half an hour for to make it easier to form the patties.
3. While burgers are chilling, crush the remaining pistachios into tiny pieces and place on a plate.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Form the chilled mixture into 4 equal sized patties and press each side of each patty onto the crushed pistachios. Transfer crusted burgers to prepared pan.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, flip halfway through
7. Assemble burger and enjoy!