I can’t think of a better way to start the day than with this Chocolate Mocha Quinoa Breakfast Bowl!
Naturally vegan and gluten-free, this breakfast bowl is packed full of plant-based protein, whole grains and fiber.
The soft, fluffy quinoa is cooked in almond milk and coffee and topped with dark chocolate. Talk about a good morning!
It only takes 20 minutes to prepare and just a handful of ingredients! Once you try a bite of this deliciousness, it’ll soon become apart of your daily routine! You can thank me later 😉
Chocolate Mocha Quinoa Breakfast Bowl (V/GF)
• 1 cup white or red quinoa, rinsed and uncooked
• 1 cup + 1 tbsp brewed coffee
• 1 cup almond milk
• 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• Dark chocolate to top
1. Add quinoa, coffee and almond milk to a pot over medium high heat. Bring to boil and then reduce the heat to medium. Covered and let cool until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa with a work. Then add the cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir to combined.
3. Top with melted dark chocolate and dark chocolate chips.
4. Serve warm and enjoy! It also makes great leftovers! Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It’ll keep for over a week!