If you know me, you know that I love to make food look beautiful! These Cucumber Mock Tuna Boats are the easiest way to make something look fantastic without putting in too much work.
It’s also a perfect way to lighten up your lunch and cut back on calories and carbs without lacking in flavor!
The ‘tuna’ is made up of chickpeas, veggies and some vegan mayo and it’s as simple as throwing the ingredients into a food processor! It’s creamy, flavorful and reminiscent of a classic tuna salad recipe.
I love it in some cucumber boats, but it also makes a great wrap (use collard greens for the same low-carbs/gluten-free deal!) and it’s a delicious spread for your favorite crackers!
Cucumber Mock Tuna Boats (V/GF)
This is the perfect way to lighten up your lunch and cut back on calories and carbs without lacking in flavor!
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 can chickpeas, rinse and drained
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 long carrots
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp vegan mayo (depends on how creamy you like it!)
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and dry the cucumbers. Slice the cucumbers vertically down the middle. Then, scrape out the insides with a spoon. Set aside.
2. Throw the celery and carrots in a food processor until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients and process until fully mixed but still a little chunky.
3. Scoop mock tuna in each cucumber half. Top with fresh dill, serve and enjoy!!